CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 30, 2010

Now what do I make in the kitchen?

I LOVE to bake - cakes, pies, cookies and all kinds of other gooey treats!

Before McP was diagnosed with diabetes I made homemade (no boxes) desserts 3-4 times a week.  Since we count carbs and dose his insulin based on carbs, he can still have the desserts I make, but I have been trying to limit them a bit more than I did before.  I have also tried substituting splenda for some of the sugar - sometimes that works and other times.......


So since I am not in the kitchen baking I need something else to do in there to make a big ole mess.  So I have been making soap.  So far I have made a lemon soap and a mocha soap.  Wonder if there is a pattern to the scents?  It is fun and I am sure I will give some as gifts, maybe even a give away here,  but I need something else to do as soap is starting to take over the guest room while they are curing and they need to cure for about 6 weeks.  So what should my next project or craft be?  Do you have a favorite hobby that you think I should try?

1 comments:

Kathy said...

Yum... used to bake a lot too.. but really don't need to eat it and I will.. especially chocolate.. I know there are a lot of resources out there for diabetic desserts.. will check with a friend of mine as her DH is diabetic and she bakes all the time..
Making soap is one thing I've never tried.. bet that mocha one smells divine.. How about painting or quilling?
Have a great day..xo